Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Automatic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid (part number 2878069)
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Funnel
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
To change the transmission fluid on your Pro XD, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Clean the area around the fill plug on the back of the transmission
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and set it aside.
5. Move underneath the vehicle and locate the drain plug through the hole in the skid plate.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket, and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs, and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
11. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole with AGL Automatic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid until it reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 41 fl oz (1200 mL).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Commercial Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.