Required Tools and Supplies
- 5/8-Inch Spark Plug Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Air Chuck
- Dielectric Grease
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To inspect and replace the spark plugs on your Pro XD, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
3. Wipe away any dirt or debris around the spark plug boot with a clean, dry cloth.
4. Carefully remove the spark plug boot.
5. Blow any dirt or debris out of the spark plug well with compressed air to prevent anything from falling into the cylinder.
6. Carefully loosen the spark plug with a 5/8-inch spark plug socket, and remove from the vehicle. Note: If reusing, take note of the cylinders they were installed in for reinstallation.
7. Inspect the electrode for wear and carbon buildup and verify there are no cracks around the insulation. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion.
8. Inspect and adjust the spark plug gap if needed. The gap should measure 0.03 inches (0.85 mm).
9. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug. Spark plugs are part number 3023571. Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect plug is used.
10. Install the spark plug into the engine, and torque to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm). Note: Do not apply anti-seize to the threads.
11. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the spark plug boot.
12. Reinstall the spark plug boot, and ensure it is fully seated.
13. Tilt the cargo box down and ensure it is properly latched.
14. Finally, start the engine in a well-ventilated area to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Commercial Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
NGK® is a registered trademark of NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.