Required Tools and Supplies
- 6mm Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- 2.5-Inch (64mm) Oil Filter Wrench
- PS-4 5W-50 4-Cycle Oil (part number 2876245) or Oil Change Kit (part number 2879323)
- Drain Plug Washer
- Oil Pan
- Oil Filter
- Grease Gun
- All Terrain Grease
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
To change the oil and filter on your Pro XD follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area, and ensure the transmission is in PARK.
2. Start the engine and allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Stop the engine.
4. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
5. Carefully clean the area around the oil cap.
6. Remove the oil cap and set it aside.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
8. Clean the area around the oil drain plug.
9. Remove the drain plug with a 6mm Allen socket, and allow the oil to drain completely.
10. Position a shop rag underneath the oil filter to catch spillage.
11. Turn the oil filter counterclockwise with an oil filter wrench to remove it.
12. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase and ensure the old O-ring is completely removed.
13. Lubricate the O-ring on the new oil filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition. A new oil filter is part number 2540086.
14. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface, then turn it an additional 3/4 turn.
15. Once the filter is installed, wipe up any residual oil. Note: Ensure there are no shop rags left in the engine bay.
16. Clean any dirt or debris from the drain plug, and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any burrs, nicks or scratches.
17. Remove the old sealing washer and install a new one on the drain plug. A new sealing washer is part number 5812232.
18. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
19. Add the proper amount of the PS-4 5W-50 4-Cycle Oil (part number 2876245) through the oil fill cap. Do not overfill. The capacity is 2.5 quarts (2.4 L).
20. Reinstall the oil fill cap and wipe up any residual oil.
21. Tilt the cargo box down, and ensure it is properly latched.
22. Dispose of the used oil and filter properly at your local recycling center.
23. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 30 seconds.
24. Stop the engine and inspect the vehicle for leaks. Wait at least 15 seconds before removing the dipstick.
25. Remove the oil dipstick and wipe with a clean shop towel. Reinstall the dipstick fully and remove again to inspect the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
26. Reinstall the dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
27. Once complete, the maintenance reminder can be reset in the instrument cluster.
- Turn the key on and hold the MODE button to enter the Options Menu.
- Navigate to SERVICE HOURS.
- Press the MODE button to select it and use the up and down arrows to adjust the service hours to a new setting if desired.
- Once you have reached your desired setting, press the mode button again to reset the reminder.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Commercial Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.